Friday, January 18, 2013

A Note from Diane Bonfiglio, URCA Director


I have found some of my greatest joys as a professor in the times that I have had the opportunity to work one-on-one with students on crafting abstracts for the URCA Symposium.  Ashland University students are doing some fantastic things.  It is a privilege to be able to do my small part to help those students communicate their work to their peers and professors.  This year I am excited to work with three bright and enthusiastic students, all of whom are now hard at work choosing just the right words to share the results of their research projects.  I know that all across the College of Arts and Sciences similar interactions are occurring.  I have heard students and faculty talking about the upcoming abstract deadline and planning submissions.  So though next week will be busy and students and professors alike may well be exhausted at the end, it will be that good kind of exhaustion that comes from hard work and the production of something special.  It is truly a gift to be able to share these experiences with students, and it is one of the many things that I adore about my job.

I am looking forward to reading all of the submissions to the Fourth Annual URCA Symposium.  Best wishes as you prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment