Monday, August 29, 2016
Student research continued this summer for seniors Hayden Eighinger and Kelly Murray. They worked in Dr. Mason Posner's lab using the National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to continue the research using small zebrafish to investigate the causes and prevention of lens cataract. READ FULL STORY
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Ashland University Entrepreneurial Studies has announced the winners for the URCA Idea Competition
URCA Participant Idea Contest Winners
- 1st ($500): Meghann Fitzpatrick, "Coat of Hope" to reduce toxic metal exposure in cookware
- 2nd ($300): Casandra Craig, "Preventing Cataracts"
- 3rd ($200): Hannah Thome, "Advocating for Women in Art"
- $20 AU Gift Card winners: Dane Zunich and Ed Hunt
URCA Non-Participant Idea Contest Winners
- 1st ($500): Danielle Smith, "Bye-bye Blues" blue colored lenses in glasses for cancer patients to promote calmness during treatments
- 2nd ($300): Nathaniel Minneman, "A Painter's Social Media Site" to create a painters community to discuss and promote their art inspired by Rachel Yeager's presentation
- 3rd ($200): Kiana Ziegler, "Be a Man" artwork to counter the problems of the distorted views of masculinity
- $20 AU Gift Card winners: Jim Toth and Miki Yamamura
Monday, April 11, 2016